National Art Honor Society
Day: Every other Thursday
Time: 2:30 PM
Sponsor: Mr. Mowry
The National Art Education Association began the NAHS program to inspire and recognize students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in art. The program supports members in their efforts to attain the highest standards in art scholarship, character, and service and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.
In order to be considered for membership into the National Art Honor Society (NAHS), you must meet the following requirements:
• 90% or higher in your current art course
• Overall GPA of 3.5 or higher (unweighted)
• Successful completion of at least one high school art class
• No unexcused absences in any class
• Commitment to developing as an artist
• Willingness to serve the school and community through artistic endeavors
• Demonstrate integrity, dedication, and responsibility
• Write an artist statement of approximately 250 words. Type and attach to this application.
• Submit your completed application to an art teacher who will sponsor you.